- TRAINING WITH CHUTE
- BASIC SAFETY COURSE
- BASIC SAFETY COURSE F
- COX – REFRESHER COURSE
- FRC – BASIC COURSE
- FRC – REFRESHER COURSE
- MEDICAL FIRST AID, MEDICINE CHEST C, REFRESHER COURSE
- MEDICAL FIRST AID, MEDICINE CHEST C, BASIC COURSE
- MEDICAL FIRST AID, MEDICINE CHEST B, REFRESHER COURSE
- MEDICAL FIRST AID, MEDICINE CHEST B, BASIC COURSE
- MEDICAL FIRST AID, MEDICINE CHEST A, REFRESHER COURSE
- MEDICAL FIRST AID, MEDICINE CHEST A, BASIC COURSE
- MEDICAL FIRST AID, UPGRADE FROM CHEST B TO CHEST A
- GMDSS RADIO COMMUNICATION COURSE – LRC
Register for COX – basic course: direct link:
General information: Bring your health certificate for seafarers when registering, along with safety course and basic COX certificates.
Cancellations must be made by email no later than 3 business days prior to the start of the course to allow others to book your place and to reimburse your course fee.
Endorsement: STCW 78 A-VI/2-1, incl. Manila 2010 amendments.
Applicable to: Crew members on ships that are required to take charge of a life raft or a survival craft.
Entry requirements: A valid health certificate for seafarers, minimum age of 18, passed safety course and comprehension of the Faroese language.
Objective: Through knowledge and practical application of skills to enable participants to safely command a rescue boat (COX). This includes arranging the safe disembarking of people from ships and/or offshore drilling rigs onto the rescue boat, launching of the rescue boat and departing from ships and/or drilling rigs in emergency situations.
- Basic first aid, CPR and hypothermia treatment
- Drills with rescue boat, including launching and recovery, manoeuvring, learning about the boat and its equipment, recovering casualties from the sea and managing them, recovery of rescue boat and communication.
- Training with inflatable life rafts: launching, recovering casualties from the water, taking them on board the raft and managing them, learning about the raft and its equipment, and righting a capsized raft.
- Helicopter rescue
- Personal safety equipment
Training with rescue boat, including launching, boarding, precautions, learning about the equipment on the boat, recovering casualties from the water and managing them, recovery of the boat and communication.
Training with inflatable life rafts, including launching, boarding, recovering casualties from the water, learning about the equipment on the boat, righting a capsized raft and personal survival techniques.
Course duration: 3 days.
Certification: A certificate is issued upon completion of the course.
Validity: 5 years.
Number of participants: Minimum 3. Maximum 6.
Self-study: This course is not available on a home study or partial home study basis. Offering our seafarers home study on important and practically oriented subjects with high skill requirements is not deemed advisable.
Course structure: The fully subscribed basic COX course is scheduled for 24 hours over 3 days of instruction. Participants will attain the knowledge and skills required of a crew member for large rescue boats on ships.
Sjónám’s knowledgeable and experienced instructors are skilled at combining regular classroom teaching with practical exercises.
Participants will acquire their skills through effective training and exercises in Sjónám’s state-of-the art facilities with careful guidance from our highly competent instructors throughout the course.
This learning environment promotes a healthy blend of independence, cooperation and safety at sea for our course participants.
This is an exciting course in which participants are given basic instructions in lifeboat operation and responsibilities.